Friday, December 4, 2009

A trip to hospital.

I have dealt with medical emergencies now in Malaysia, USA, Germany and now UAE and I do think this one was the easiest to handle.

I have a vitamin B12 deficiency and have injections once a month to keep things ok. I had one a month ago when we were in Australia and thought by the time the next one is due we would be settled and know where to go etc.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty ordinary after a long day of packing, moving, travelling, cleaning, unpacking and then a round of extreme shopping with Bert the day before.

I woke up this morning and it hurt to move, everywhere. I felt like I was watching the world from under water or something because everything felt foggy.

We were due to pick up a young Indian guy who works with Bert as he comes to church with us. So Bert called him and Eddie sent us to a hospital near where he lives. Our insurance still isn't through because of problems getting our visas processed due to the Eid and National day holidays here.

We were so impressed. I saw a doctor who listened to what the problem was and he gave me a quick once over. He said I needed to see another doctor at another hospital and they would take me. So within a few minutes I was put in a car with a driver who took me to the other hospital. It really was only a short distance and if I had been well you could have walked it. Bert was still parking the car by this time but Eddie was running between the two of us making sure we were ok.

A short wait for the doctor and everything was fine. I was very impressed with him, I do believe he knew more about B12 deficiencies than my doctor at home in Australia. So I got the injection, and his card and phone number for future injections or appointments.

I am already feeling much better, the relief is almost instant with the injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment