Saturday, July 10, 2010

Driving

Since he first arrived in Abu Dhabi in February 2009 Bert has been a confident driver on the crazy roads here in the UAE. Me, not so much! I didn't even apply for a licence because the roads just look horrendous, and of course they drive on the wrong side of the road compared to Australia. Other women have told me it all looks worse from the passenger seat. Eventually I went and got my licence transfered, which really was a simple exercise once we found the right building and had the right paperwork. Confusingly, I did not need the letter of no objection from Bert that other women need to do almost anything nor did they give me an eye test that everyone else said they had.


Thankfully we did not film this ourselves this youtube clip made headlines all over the world. This is on the main road that runs through Dubai and on to Abu Dhabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment