Saturday, October 30, 2010

Al Reef

We have been in our house, or villa as its called here a week now. So far, its lovely. Providing you just ignore the mouse nest in the back garden, or more accurately sand pit.

It has been a very hard week for Bert with work. He has had staff problems since the day we arrived. I was left to deal with the move alone.

Houses here are rented as empty shells. No cooker, no curtains, no light fittings so I feel like I have spent the week with half the population of the subcontinent traipsing through the house.

We finally got the pool filled and I spent the day waiting for the pool guy to come and do whatever pool guys do. We had to wait 24 hours after he did his bit before we could swim. Well if ever there was an anticlimax this was one. Its hot here, a pool is a fabulous luxury. But I don't want to have to break the ice on the surface before I get wet. I don't know what he had set the temperature for but it was cold. So another 24 hours, several phone calls and visits from more workers we finally had a pool that we can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment