Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The big birthday surprise!


On Saturday Bert and I were at the Shangrila souk and he saw this picture in Gallery One. I was picking up some gold jewellery I had ordered and he came to where I was and said Ive seen this picture I really like, lets buy it.  I glanced at it and said no I really dont like it (I lied, I do) lets get going, Im hot and tired.  I did think I will come back and buy that in a few days as a gift for him.  The next morning I got a message from his PA who said we have collected money to buy a gift for sir (hehe, everyone calls him sir) can you give us some suggestions?  I suggested a few things but much cheaper than this picture as it was quite pricey.  She called back and said no we have lots more money, so I told her about this picture.  Her and the secretary, a young Emirati woman went to the souk, phoned me and I told them exactly where the photo was, but they couldnt find it.  Then the shop keeper told them they were a special display for the 40th National day celebrations and all those frames were on a truck on their way back to Dubai.  Maha, the Emirati woman told them to turn the truck around, they wanted that photo.  So several hours later they phoned me excited with the success that they had the picture.  I was really excited for Bert, I knew he would be floored by the gift.  He said it was the first time his staff had rendered him speechless!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, sweetheart.
    Bert

    ReplyDelete