Monday, December 5, 2011

Birthday dinner

We regularly eat here as its only a few minutes from home, and the buffet is always good and we love their salads.  We often go with friends,Caroline and Neil

This afternoon I phoned the restaurant manager Sameer as I had his mobile phone number and I knew he would recognise who I was.   I asked him to set up a table for six in the smoking section *cough cough* and told him it was Berts birthday so could they also organise a small birthday cake.  His reply, certainly M'am, will Mrs Roberts (Caroline) be joining you for dinner?  Yes, she will be.  Oh good he replied, I will make sure the chef makes her favorite beetroot salad on the buffet. 

Where on earth do you get such good service?  This is a very large hotel with four large restaurants in a very busy tourist area of Abu Dhabi.

The best part? As I was finishing off the conversation, I said see you tonight Sameer.  He replied oh no, its my day off, Im in Dubai shopping!  I said Sameer, why didnt you just say, I will ring the restaurant myself and make the booking.  No no no, he wanted to do the booking for me.

He also phoned Bert to wish him a happy birthday.

It's fabulous service and lovely people like Sameer that make living here such a nice experience.

3 comments:

  1. ...and a great time was had by all! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And happy birthday to Gerhard too Renee! It was a fun night wasn't it Neil, we do however need to do it again, not on a school night. Getting up this morning was very hard.

    ReplyDelete